Given all that is at stake in the coming months, PPP is launching a Summer Advocacy Campaign to preserve the charitable deduction. As part of this campaign, we are asking you to schedule in-person meetings with your Senators and Representatives during the August recess when lawmakers are typically in their home districts and state and look forward to meeting with constituents about pending issues in Congress.
Scroll down to find materials to help you take action, register for the training seminar on August 14, and join the Summer Advocacy Campaign Subgroup on Linkedin.
- Introduction letter
- Instructions on how to schedule meetings with your Senators and Representative
- Talking points for meetings
- "Leave-behind" documents
- Tips for successfully communicating with Members of Congress
- Post-meeting “report cards” (which will inform PPP of the progress you make and allow us to follow-up on your work from Washington, DC)
- Template letters, news releases, and Op-Eds
Campaign Training Seminar
Wednesday, August 14
3:30 p.m. ET (12:30 p.m. PT, 1:30 p.m. MT, 2:30 p.m. CT)
Join the Linkedin Subgroup for the Summer Advocacy CampaignReady to get involved in the Summer Advocacy Campaign? Join the Subgroup on Linkedin and share your efforts with other like-minded PPP members.
Please review the information at the links above and let us know if you have any questions or need help scheduling your meetings. We stand by ready to assist you. Staff can be reached at 317.269.6274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.